Take advantage of the Certificate Program for Nurse Practitioners and save OVER $1,900
Take advantage of the Certificate Program for
Nurse Practitioners and save OVER $1,900
The Certificate Program includes:
Extensive Online Theory
Hands-on Training with live models
2-Day Basics Neuromodulator and Dermal Filler Course
2-Day Advanced Neuromodulator and Dermal Filler Course
Certificate stamped by the CNA
Access to CAMA's Private Job Board
Medical Aesthetics Scope Of Practice for NPs:
1. Nurse practitioners order medical aesthetic procedures only when:
a. The individual acting on the order is a nurse holding practicing registration with BCCNM; and,
b. The ordering nurse practitioner, or another nurse practitioner or medical practitioner who has assumed responsibility for the care of the client, is or will be present within the facility when the procedure is being performed and immediately available for consultation.
2. Nurse practitioners complete additional education8 before providing or ordering medical aesthetic procedures.
3. Nurse practitioners only provide medical aesthetic procedures or order them to be performed in an appropriate clinical setting that is suitable to safely perform the procedure and includes the equipment and supplies necessary to manage emergency situations.
4. Nurse practitioners only use Health Canada-approved drugs, substances and medical devices when providing or ordering medical aesthetic procedures.
5. Nurse practitioners only provide or order medical aesthetic procedures for clients under the age of 19 for the treatment of acne or scarring.
6. Nurse practitioners do not provide or order any medical aesthetic procedures that require conscious/procedural sedation or general anesthesia.